Opportunity description: Communications Consultant
About the Global Battery Alliance
The Global Battery Alliance (GBA) is a public-private collaboration platform founded in 2017 at the World Economic Forum to help establish a sustainable battery value chain by 2030. The GBA brings together leading international organizations, NGOs, industry actors, academics and multiple governments to align collectively in a pre-competitive approach, to drive systemic change along the entire value chain. Independently incorporated as a not for profit organisation since 2022, the members of the Alliance collaborate to achieve the goals set out in the GBA 2030 Vision and agree to the Ten GBA Guiding Principles. The GBA’s multi-stakeholder governance structure aims to ensure inclusivity in decision-making and strategic focus. Action Partnerships provide a collaborative platform for members to pool their expertise to achieve the shared goals of circularity, environmental protection and sustainable development.
Scope of work – Communications Consultant
To provide specialist communications support to a rapidly growing organization, the GBA is currently looking for a communications consultant to work with the GBA Secretariat on a part-time basis (approx. 1-2 days per week). Activities and deliverables may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Develop an external communications strategy to continue evolving the GBA public profile amongst key stakeholders and potential new members (i.e. target audience, content, medium)
- Develop an external and internal communications strategy specific to GBA flagship initiatives (i.e. Battery Passport)
- Develop an internal communications strategy focused on member engagement (i.e. newsletters, social media, etc.)
- Develop Annual Impact Report
- Update and develop GBA outreach material including slide decks tailored for different constituent groups (corporate, non-governmental, public), 2 pagers, on-boarding decks, brochures, etc.
- Support stakeholder identification and engagement for specific consultations
- Contribute to fundraising proposals as and when required
- Review and update GBA website content and design
- Draft content for outreach opportunities (blog, OpEds, speaking notes).
Start date: Immediate
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Advertising, or Journalism; Master’s degree strongly preferred
- A minimum of 7 years experience in a formal communications role, prior consulting experience preferred
- Exceptional written communication skills, including the ability to write for various outlets (internal, external, web, emails, newsletters, letters, social, etc.)
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly
- Experience in creating and managing social media strategies using a variety of platforms
- Experience in communicating to various audiences (various industries, organization/team sizes, various management levels including senior executives, various departments including human resources and marketing, etc.)
- Experience in creating and implementing marketing strategy
- Experience with creative direction, including print, digital, photography, and video
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of team members, clients and colleagues in all capacities
- Strong ability to think creatively, solve problems, set priorities, and work under pressure.
To apply, please send your CV, a motivation letter and two writing samples to Secretariat@globalbattery.org with ‘Communications consultant – private’ in the title of the email. Please include your typical daily consulting rate in the body of the email. The position will be advertised until filled.